Parenting Solutions for Working Parents – Online
May 18 @ 12:15 - 13:45 CEST
An event every week that begins at 12:15 on Tuesday, repeating until May 18, 2021
LUNCH & LEARN workshops reserved for Philip Morris International employees and their spouses.
Are you open to learning something new about communicating with children?
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES
Dates: 4, 11 & 18 May, 1, 8 & 22 June 2021
From 12h15 to 13h45 – 6 sessions, every one or two weeks to give enough practice time. Q&A and discussion time included from 12h to 12h15 and 13h45 to 14h.
This interactive online workshop of 90′ per session is designed to give participants the opportunity to discover some of the key concepts of Positive Discipline and the underlying motivations of children behaviour.
The objective of Positive Discipline is to provide parents with non-punitive methods to encourage and empower children of all ages, and to help them develop valuable social and life skills. These are especially necessary, having to deal with ‘VUCA’, short for volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity, and a catchall for “Hey, it’s crazy out there!”
Objectives of the workshops
- Offer an informative, practical and entertaining presentation to working parents with children of all ages (toddlers to teens)
- Participants will take home at least 3 immediately applicable Positive Discipline Tools after each session, which can be life-changing for parents and the family
- Have the opportunity to participate in an experiential activity that helps parents get into the child’s world and understand what works and what doesn’t work.
Positive Discipline briefly explained
Positive Discipline is based on the philosophies of Alfred Adler and Rudolf Dreikurs. These psychiatrists understood the importance of maintaining dignity and respect for all people – including children.
Positive Discipline Books and Workshops developed by Dr Jane Nelsen and Lynn Lott, provide parents, teachers and carers with non-punitive methods to encourage and empower children as well as adults, and to help them develop valuable social and life skills.
Five Criteria for Positive Discipline :
- Helps children feel a sense of connection (Belonging and Significance)
- Is respectful and encouraging (Kind and Firm at the same time)
- Is effective long-term (punishment work short term, but has negative long-term effects)
- Teaches valuable social and life skills
- Invites children to discover how capable they are (encourages constructive use of personal power and autonomy)
Some testimonials from other working parents having attended previous workshops:
‘Very insightful helps you to manage educational issues in a positive way, sustainably …’
‘ Was great! You get alternatives to screaming and fighting …’
‘Very good workshop… insightful and motivational. Let’s have those sessions available on a regular basis …’
‘Actionable and easy to understand and to put into place … Thank you’
‘Great training that will give you consciousness on how our kids feel and behave.’
‘This really works! It is the way to engage and help our children become responsible adults and bring awareness to parents on how to deal with challenging situations.’
Positive Discipline Workshops are fun, dynamic and experiential.
- You will LEARN
- You will get INSPIRED
- and you will be EMPOWERED to go further.
They are practical and applicable. And with practice, you will progress – slowly but surely on a long-term basis.
We focus together on HOW to do it, with tools that will help you think, feel and learn on an ongoing basis.
Alone is tough. Together is Better.
Sign up here and let’s begin the fascinating journey of parenting!
Do you want to host a similar workshop for your organisation? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 078 735 0424.