Case Study 4 Team Building
TEAM BUILDING WORKSHOP
The world’s leading manufacturer of chemical ingredients. The company’s products are developed for food and beverage makers used in household goods, care products, and perfumes. The company employs people across EMEA, APAC, and the Americas.
The Head of Communications is managing a team of experts serving global stakeholders. The team expanded with additional positions created in Europe. A majority of members are based in Europe, and some are remote.
The workshop’s overall objective was to create an opportunity for the team to be together, reconnect in person, reinforce teamwork values such as trust and collaboration, and have a collective mindset for the success of
everyone and the division.
This offsite workshop aimed to strengthen relationships, increase engagement, help team members communicate better at work, and contribute collectively.
- Encourage trust and collaboration, and practice this together.
- Improve ‘Encouraging Feedback’ and resilience (able to take a step back) in challenging situations.
- Practice activities from ‘Storming1’ to ‘Norming’, and aim for ‘Performing’.
Tuckman’s model explains that relationships are built up as the team develops maturity and ability, and leadership style changes to more collaborative or shared leadership.
- Build self-awareness and other team member’s particular ‘Life Styles’
- Initiate individual and team visions.
Workshop activities focused on leadership skills based on Emotional Intelligence, such as:
- Gratitude and Appreciations
- Managing Emotions
- The Power of Encouragement
- Mutual Respect – ‘Me and We’
- Self-awareness and understand others
Feedback on the workshops was at 99%. HR proposed a one-to-one coaching session for some team members for further reinforcement and personal development.
iPositiveLINC have a quality control following ever workshop to ensure facilitators deliver to an exceptional standard and respond to the needs of the managers.